Facilities ManagerNovember 2015 – Present
Technical Director December 2013 – February 2016
- Supervised scenery production for a five mainstage-show season of a TYA company in a 400-seat thrust theatre and ten student and early childhood shows in a black box theatre; estimated production material and labor costs, drafted scenery construction drawings, managed construction, load-in, and rigging of scenery; hired additional labor as needed.
Production Manager: Jennifer Schwartz
Round House Theatre
Technical Director July 2009 – December 2013
- Supervised scenery production for six-show seasons of a LORT company in a 400-seat thrust theatre; estimated production material and labor costs, drafted scenery construction drawings, managed construction, load-in, and rigging of scenery; hired additional labor as needed.
Selected Scenic Designers: Misha Kachman, James Kronzer, Tony Cisek, Daniel Conway | Associate Producer: Danisha Crosby
Creative Visions, Inc
Technical Director August 2007 – May 2009
- Supervised production of corporate events including estimating production costs, drafting stage layouts, specifying in-house and rental equipment, hiring labor, and overseeing load-ins and -outs; designed, drafted, and supervised construction of all custom scenery, and budgeted labor and materials costs.
Production Manager: Todd Campbell
Wolf Trap Opera Company
Properties Master | Master Carpenter Summers 2007, 2009
- Properties Master: Worked with directors and designers to design, build, and procure all properties for shows.
- Master Carpenter: Built scenery with a variety of woods, metals, & plastics from construction drawings; shop crew of two carpenters & three interns.
Production Manager: Robert Grimes
PlayMakers Repertory Company
Scenic Carpenter | Properties Artisan August 2005 – May 2007
- Properties Artisan: Drafted construction drawings and built wood furniture and other props given designer research, sketches, and drawings; reorganized and redesigned props shop and storage areas; supervised undergraduate assistants.
- Scenic Carpenter: Responsible for building wood and steel scenery from construction drawings, rigging when necessary; supervised undergraduate assistants.
Technical Director: Michael Rolleri
- Bachelor of Science from Radford University, May 2005; Major in Theatre; Concentration in Technical Theatre and Design.
Publications, Awards, & Memberships
- Author, “Curved Steel: How to Build a Machine to Bend Steel Beams.” Outside the Box. 2008.
- Author, “How to Build a Machine to Bend Steel.” Southern Theatre. Volume XLVI, Number 3. Summer 2005. Pgs. 8-9.
- Scholarship Recipient, Radford University Arts Society Scholarship, 2002-2004.
- Member, United States Institute for Theatre Technology, 2002-2010.
- Founding Member & Chair, USITT-RU Student Chapter, 2003-2005.
- Member, Southeastern Theatre Conference, 2002-2005.
- Member, Alpha Psi Omega (National Honorary Theatre Society).
- Todd Campbell, Production Manager, Creative Visions, Inc.
- Robert Grimes, Production Manager, Wolf Trap Opera Company.
- Michael Rolleri, Production Manager, PlayMakers Repertory Company.